- Location: Pico Union is located in Central Los Angeles, adjacent to Downtown. It’s bordered by the neighborhoods of Koreatown, Westlake, and South Los Angeles.
- Cultural Diversity: This is one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in Los Angeles, with a significant Latino population as well as communities from various other ethnic backgrounds.
- Historic Architecture: The neighborhood features a number of older homes and buildings, some of which are of historical significance.
- Population: The estimated population of Pico-Union is around 45,000 according to the 2020 Census data.
- Transportation: Pico Union is served by multiple bus lines and is close to the Metro Purple and Red Lines.
- Commercial Areas: Pico Boulevard and Union Avenue are two main commercial streets, filled with various shops, restaurants, and services.
Helpful Web Links for Visiting Pico-Union, Los Angeles
- City of Los Angeles Official Website: For general information, services, and community updates.
- TripAdvisor and Yelp: For reviews, ratings, and photos of restaurants and activities in Pico-Union.
- Metro Los Angeles: For public transportation options to and from the area.
- Airbnb and Hotel Websites: To explore accommodation options.
- Local News Websites: Such as the Los Angeles Times, for neighborhood-specific news, events, and happenings.
What You Should Know When Visiting Pico-Union
- Public Transportation: Public transport is a convenient way to get around Pico Union and to access Downtown Los Angeles.
- Local Businesses: The area is known for its small businesses, so consider exploring local eateries and shops.
- Safety: Like any urban neighborhood, it’s advisable to stay cautious and aware of your surroundings, especially during the evening.
- Accessibility: Pico Union is close to Downtown LA, making it easy to explore other neighborhoods and attractions.
- Cultural Diversity: The neighborhood offers a mix of cultural experiences, from food to shopping.