- Location: Mid-Wilshire is located in the central region of Los Angeles and is considered one of the city’s more affluent neighborhoods.
- History: The area saw its most significant development in the 1920s and has many buildings with historical significance.
- Population: The population of Mid-Wilshire is estimated to be around 50,000.
- Local Economy: The area is primarily residential but also has a fair amount of commercial and office spaces, including the famed Miracle Mile shopping district.
- Local Attractions: The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), the Petersen Automotive Museum, and the La Brea Tar Pits are all located in or near Mid-Wilshire.
- Public Transit: Mid-Wilshire is well-served by buses, and the Purple Line of the Los Angeles Metro Rail system is undergoing an extension that will pass through the area.
Helpful Web Links for Visiting Mid-Wilshire
- Discover Los Angeles: For a comprehensive guide to Los Angeles, including Mid-Wilshire.
- TripAdvisor and Yelp: For reviews of restaurants, activities, and attractions in Mid-Wilshire.
- LA Metro: To look into public transportation options within Los Angeles, including how to get to and from Mid-Wilshire.
- Airbnb and Hotel Websites: For accommodation options in and around Mid-Wilshire.
- Local Blogs and Newspapers: For current events, news, and activities happening in the area.
What You Should Know When Visiting Mid-Wilshire
- Traffic: As with much of Los Angeles, traffic can be challenging, particularly during peak hours.
- Parking: Parking in Mid-Wilshire can be scarce, and many areas have restrictions or require permits.
- Safety: The area is generally safe, but like any urban area, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings.
- Cultural Attractions: This is a great neighborhood for museum lovers, with several notable museums within walking distance of each other.