- Location: Carthay Square is a historic and residential neighborhood located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles. It’s adjacent to neighborhoods like Beverly Hills and the Miracle Mile.
- Historic Significance: The neighborhood is rich in history, featuring various styles of architecture including Spanish Revival and Colonial Revival homes.
- Population: Carthay Square is relatively small, and the most recent data suggest its population is around 5,000 residents.
- Local Attractions: While it’s primarily residential, Carthay Square is close to various cultural landmarks like the La Brea Tar Pits, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), and shopping districts like The Grove.
- Public Transport: Bus routes and nearby subway stations offer relatively easy access to other parts of Los Angeles.
Helpful Web Links for Visiting Carthay Square, Los Angeles
- Discover Los Angeles: For general information about what to see and do in Los Angeles, including Carthay Square.
- TripAdvisor and Yelp: For reviews on restaurants, attractions, and more in the Carthay Square area.
- LA Metro: For information on public transportation, including the bus routes that serve Carthay Square.
- Airbnb and Hotel Websites: For accommodation options in or near Carthay Square.
- Local Blogs and Newspapers: To keep up with local events, activities, and news in the area.
What You Should Know When Visiting Carthay Square
- Architectural Tour: If you’re an architecture enthusiast, you’ll appreciate the array of historical homes in the neighborhood.
- Proximity to Attractions: You’ll be close to some of Los Angeles’ major cultural attractions, so consider extending your visit beyond the neighborhood.
- Parking: Like many Los Angeles neighborhoods, street parking can be limited. Be sure to read the signs for restrictions.
- Public Transport: Although having a car is convenient, public transport is also a viable way to get around.
- Safety: Carthay Square is generally considered a safe, family-friendly area, but it’s always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and follow general safety guidelines.